Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Golden Globe's 2010 - Top 5 Worst Dressed

Aaaah sweet January - a month (to most) that signifies not just the beginning of a new year, but a fresh start...a clean slate...potential for all that's to come.....but to us and every other fashionista, it can only mean one thing: Award's Season!
With the high's and the low's of the ultimate catwalk the Red Carpet; there's no greater contrast between those that 'have it' style wise and those that don't.

So without further adieu, we present the Top 5 Worst Dressed at the 2010 Golden Globes:

Number 1 - A mutual decision:
Christina Hendricks in Christian Siriano


Lucia: No surprises here, in fact no words. OK, maybe just one: Horrendous.

Edie: To be perfectly honest, I had no idea who she was, and seeing this dress has reaffirmed my belief that I still don't want to know who she is. Basic red head 101- never - EVER - wear orange. Having said that, maybe it's not really the colour so much that offends me, but more so the frou frou of the design, it kind of reminds me of the tacky dolls that stand on top of those heinous doll cakes you see at cheap bakeries. Awful.


Number 2 -
Lucia's Pick: Jennifer Morrison in Luis Antonio

(Photo via Just Jarred)

Edie's Pick: Nicole Kidman in Nina Ricci

(Photo via Just Jarred)

Lucia: Has Jennifer taken her inspiration from a toilet roll holder? I'm particularly hating the hair. Nanna hair at its best.

Edie: Oh Nicole you turn my fashion blood cold, I couldn't think of a more unflatteringly blah colour for your already blah style. Focusing on the actual dress for a moment, I can't help but feel that it looks a little mother of the bride, there's too much draping and detail around the hips and the neckline just looks messy and undefined. Overall a particular shade of blah.


Number 3 - A mutual decision:
Chloe Sevigny in Valentino

(Photo via Just Jarred)

Lucia: When even actresses look pregnant in an outfit, what does that say? She could have done so much better. I do love the make up and hair though.

Edie: Words can not describe how sad I am right now...this is V.A.L.E.N.T.I.N.O. Those who know me well, know that he is one of my all time favourites for a red carpet gown, but Wow! How did this one go so wrong? The ruffles running across the top of the décolletage and then framing the sides of the body only serve to widen the figure, so so unflattering. Her hair is too severe and it makes her face look masculine. Bright side: I do adore the beautiful mauve colour.


Number 4 - A mutual decision:
Kate Hudson in Marchesa

(Photo via Just Jarred)

Lucia: What was Rachel Zoe thinking. Expected better. Bitterly disappointed.

Edie: Disappointed being the operative word - I had such high hopes for Miss Hudson. In fact, alongside Marion Cottilard she was one of the ladies I was most excited to see. It's not really that I hate the dress; I'm sure it will look amazing on a bride....at her WEDDING, but I can't say I'm a fan of bridal wear to awards events. The thing that really sent me over the edge with this one: the shoes, hate, hate, hate. They literally look like stripper shoes. this is what I call a shoe FAIL!


Number 5 -
Lucia's Pick: Halle Berry in Kaufman Franco
(Photo via Just Jarred)

Edie's Pick: Anna Paquin in Stella McCartney

(Photo via Just Jarred)

Lucia: Enough already - we know you have a hot body but please - this looks like a spider web. Your not auditioning for Spiderman 4.

Edie: There's something about this girl; for me, she always seems to get it wrong. This is another case of me not so much hating the dress, but the way it's been worn by the person in it. I know I'm all about the shoes, but I mean really?? This is the best she could come up with? They're far to clunky and heavy for the dress and I don't even feel that they're relevant to the look she was trying to go for. If this dress was on Kate Hudson or Cameron Diaz, they would have shut it down with absolute certainty, but on Anna - I feel like she's trying to hard to be something she's not.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails